Proposal Software Security: Configure Your Password Settings
Security is crucial. And protecting our critical data requires more than secure tools and software, we need to do our part by creating strong passwords.
Which is why we've upgraded your security settings. If you're a RFP365 user, your team's administrators can now set the configuration rules of your corporate account. In other words, you can make your information even safer. Learn how below.
How to configure and/or edit your team's password settings
Step 1. Any team administrator can now configure your password rules (or edit them) through the Accounts page.
Step 2. If you have multiple accounts in a hierarchy, select the top of the tree. If you have just one account, just select that one.
Step 3. There are multiple tabs. Click on the Settings tab.
Step 4. On the left-hand side, you'll see Security Settings. You can configure the following:
- The maximum unsuccessful login attempts before a user is locked out
- The "Lockout" time in minutes (how long someone is "locked" out of the system after X number of incorrect password attempts)
- The minimum password length (8 characters is pretty common for a minimum)
- Requirement for a Capital letter (recommended because since it boosts the security level of the password)
- Requirement for a "Special Character," meaning a a non-number or non-letter character, ex. "!" "#" etc. (recommended)
- To enable the Password Reset frequency, click on the checkbox and the Frequency option will be shown
- The Password Reset frequency in months
Step 5. At the bottom of the page, you'll need to Save your settings.
Step 6. When you Save, you can also choose to Apply these settings to all of the child accounts (if you have a hierarchy of accounts). You can also force users to Update their Passwords upon the next login. Once a user logs in, they'll be taken to a page to reset their password following your new settings.
Step 7. If you've set the system to prompt enforcement, then the next time your users login, they'll have to reset their passwords. The rules you've selected will be shown at the right.
Here's to making your cyber security safer.
If you have any questions we're here to help. Email us at email@example.com or give us a call: 816.287.0737.
Have a great idea for a new feature or improvement? We want to hear it.